This study, conducted by Amanda Haertling Thein, examines the responses of master’s education students to teaching LGBT literature in K-12 language arts classrooms. She found that 76% of the responses were negative (not in favor of teaching LGBT literature in classes). In each category of…
They speak of preparedness and reversal but what about those kids that HAVE come out to their peers or are trying to hide it because of fear of being ostracized (should they be forced to continue feeling this way?).
Also, what about those students who are just different-not necessarily LGBQ or T-and are bullied nonetheless? These “reasons” are ridiculous excuses at continuing to hold prejudiced beliefs in PUBLIC places in which kids SHOULD feel supported.
They will be bullied with or without the subject being taught in school if the parents of said bullies were teaching these kids to think like that and possibly act on that hate. That’s what this is: pure, narrow-minded, bigoted hate by people who are supposed to be professionals.
Those bullies will never learn tolerance if not introduced to the concept in (at the very least) a LEARNING environment.
This is like taking the same ANTI-GAY view if you continue to teach these kids ignorance.
Kids are being taught about the Holocaust but many kids nowadays don’t know that LGBQT’s as well as many others who were just different were prosecuted. I’m not saying one genocide was worse than the other but I think it’s about time America started treating this unreasonable hate like what it is: a disease of the country that only succeeds in constructing ghetto walls around a people that hold different lifestyles than the majority. The sooner these teachings are introduced to the public; the better.
9 Things I Hate About Everyone
1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time… I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?
2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.
3. When people say “Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too”. Damn Right! What good is cake if you can’t eat it?
4. When people say “it’s always the last place you look”. Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you’ve found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?
5. When people say while watching a film, “did ya see that?” No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!
6. People who ask “Can I ask you a question?”… Didn’t give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?
7. When something is ‘new and improved’. Which is it? If it’s new, then there has never been anything before it. If it’s an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn’t be new.
8. When people say “life is short”. What the hell??? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!!! What can you do thats longer?
9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks “Has the bus come yet?” If the bus came, would I be standing here???